Tuesday, April 3, 2007

March Madness-We Have A Winner

Well, will miracles never cease! I have to share with everyone that I won the Pei's Restaurant NCAA bracket pool for 2007. This is a very rare feat for me. As I shared with my boys recently, the last pool I entered (in 2004) resulted in a $5 award for finishing dead last.

Kudos to Florida! On the down side, of course, is that my son Ryan chose Ohio State to win the finals ... but, as I said earlier, one of us was bound to win something since we had both teams covered. And this time it happens to be me.

On a historical note, several schools have won back-to-back NCAA basketball titles (led by UCLA with 7 in a row back in the 70's or so) but Florida is the first team where the same team (i.e. same lineup/players) won two years in a row. Also interesting is that Florida's football team shellacked Ohio State last fall to win the BCS (and national) championship. I think it's very unlikely that this combination will occur again ... ever. In fact, it's probably much more likely that I'll win an NCAA pool again next year (and so you know how rare this is!).

Well, I might run an online pool next year for Pei's (if they want me to) as I don't like the paper/pencil setup they use. Plus there's so much more data available to look at with the online stuff.

Gotta go ... smile everyone!

Ken

No comments: