Saturday, March 3, 2007

Yesterday ...

... all my troubles seemed so far away ... oops! Guess I digressed there. What I meant to say is that yesterday I stopped over at the Java Creek Cafe on Boyson Road here in Cedar Rapids and saw a performance by Lynne Rothrock and Ron DeWitte. He's a decent singer and a wonderful guitar player but she's just got a wonderful voice. I asked her to do one of my favorites, New York State of Mind, and she was glad to do it (and happy it was one that she knew ... she said they don't get many "requests" and so she always worries that they won't know the song ). Let me tell you, though, that it was great. Don't hesitate to see them anytime you get a chance.

Anyway, I think there was a guy there from my old softball team ... and I've been trying to remember his name. I think I did ... I'm pretty sure it was Jim Federer. I'm also fairly sure he's retired now (from Rockwell Collins). I had a cup of decaf and a little apple bar ... very good stuff!

About the weather, I think that we're past the worst of it now here in Cedar Rapids. This last snow/ice storm will melt away next week and we'll be on the downhill slide to spring. Of course everything needs to be ready for my birthday parade in two weeks (St. Patrick's Day) so I think the daytime temps will start climbing above 50 with regularity.

Not much else going on ... I'm keeping busy with Salsa dancing, karaoke, work and spending time with friends. Hopefully it will soon be time to get out on the bicycle for some long rides and decent workouts.

Stay warm!

No comments: