Saturday, March 1, 2008

HDTV Coming to Kenny Lee

Well, I ordered a 40" LCD HD television for the living room. I'm really thinking that Plasma is probably what I want for the basement but I'll wait on that for awhile. Probably best to get about a 50" plasma for downstairs. At any rate this is a Samsung LN-T4081 unit and it has 120Hz refresh rate and new LED technology for the pixel backlighting. Of course it's also 1080p. Should fit nicely on the stand I have up here and I don't see me ever mounting it on the wall (but I can get a wall mount if necessary).

The TV should get here by around March 10. I've really got the living room cleaned up as I've been moving my Gateway PC downstairs and getting all the wires, etc., organized up here. Probably next on the technology list will be an HD player (BluRay) but no big rush to get that done. Meanwhile, I have 19 working days left before I retire, so I'll have to be more budget conscious as I'll be on a fixed income (i.e., need to buy toys now).

I also need to make this upcoming season the "Spring of Throwing Things Out" as I streamline this place ... I'm tired of all the junk that hangs around for years and years and I never use it (ha-ha, bet you've never heard that before).

Later ...

No comments: