Friday, March 21, 2008

Beautiful Things ...

My fortune cookie the other day said "you have a great appreciation for beautiful things." Although I've missed out on one of the most beautiful in my life (my own fault), I have to say that one thing that is true for relationships is that when they concentrate on "me", they are doomed to fail. The reason is that if a relationship is really good, then your partner will take care of you ... and you will do the same for your partner. The way a relationship gets there is through trust. Now it's true that trust must be earned ... but once earned, it should be relied on. Because if it can't be counted on then the relationship cannot last anyway. So, indeed, do take care of "me" (because everyone has to do that to some extent) but don't let that straightforward process subvert the true beauty of a relationship with that special person ... don't let it destroy the trust.

In other news, I've got 85 miles on the bike this past week but I say that it's time for warmer weather!

Later ...

No comments: