Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Flick ... Gran Torino

I admit that I do like almost all of Clint Eastwood's movies (even those he is not acting in, like "Letters From Iwo Jima") but Gran Torino is really a good show. The ending is something that is a surprise but it's also a movie where you laugh, cry and live. Highly recommended.

Good skiing (cross-country for me) weather here in Iowa today. Looks like it's going to be quite cold over the next week or so. Nice that the days are getting longer though, so it won't be long until the "real cold" days are just a frigid memory.

Yesterday was one of the nicest I've had for quite awhile, and certainly the best of this year ... hmm, maybe the full moon was in control there.

Looks like I'll have at least 10 singing engagements in February, so that'll keep me busy. Would like to get another PC for backup use but it's very difficult to get one with WinXP anymore (sigh). I won't buy a PC with Vista so looks like "the wait is on" until at least Windows 7. Guess I'll have to see what develops there.

No comments: