Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day 2008 -- Ice Cream

Looks like another slow Labor Day holiday for me. Saw a bunch of Harley's on the road today and that started me thinking about taking the motorcycle down to Conesville, IA (I've heard there's a rally there today). But I'm not sure I want to do that without having someone to ride along with me ... I've never been to one of these rallies before so it might be fun to see what they're all about.

I think I've finally decided on the very best ice cream ... ever! Yes, you heard it right folks. Lately I've been going back to an old favorite that I've neglected for some time. It's made by Whitey's (and perhaps others, but I think Whitey's is the best) and it's called Moose Tracks. It's "fully leaded" ice cream with fudge, some peanut butter and chocolate embedded in perfect proportion. I like almost any ice cream out there (including the "Light" stuff) and there are several fairly close runners up ... but, so far, Moose Tracks gets the nod.

Think I'll have a nice little lunch today with a sub from Milio's and then a quick visit to the local DQ for a Dilly Bar (yes, I know ... more ice cream ... mmmmmm). Probably get some reading done and don't know that I'll fire up the grill (again) this year. But it's great weather out and I've already had a good bicycle ride. If it was tomorrow, I'd probably mow the lawn, but it doesn't quite need it yet ... just so I get to it before it rains.

Later ...

No comments: