Friday, November 23, 2007

Very Cool Ride

Yesterday (Thanksgiving Day, 2007) was a very cool (temperature) one for riding. It was 30 degrees with about a 15 mph north wind. However, when riding north it feels good to get there and realize that heading back will be much easier. But winter's definitely coming and I don't think it will be much fun to ride at colder than 30 degrees. It might be OK, though, if I limit myself to less than an hour of riding. I noticed that things (on me) got considerable colder when riding for 1.5 hours in yesterday's conditions. So riding my standard 14.2 mile workout ride might be just fine for sub-30 temperatures. Also, I tried out my new riding tights (Pearl Izumi) and they worked very well. I may stop by the bicycle shop today again and see if there's a better pair of riding gloves there. Protecting the extremities is the key to cold temperature riding.

Today should be fun ... at least after I'm done with laundry. It was cold overnight though (mid-teen's) and I think it's possible that golf is over with for the calendar year.

Later ...

No comments: