Friday, November 2, 2007

Interesting Week, Very Interesting ...

Although I didn't ride today, I predict that I'll hit 3300 miles this weekend. It's colder and the cold is typically accompanied by wind, so that really is something that tries to talk me out of riding. Well, I am resolute and shall not be defeated! (hehe) I also discovered that there was a bit too much play in the rear wheel bearings after the bike shop replaced them for me two weeks ago Monday. So I tweaked that a bit and it is good now. If those aren't set just right, there will be excessive wear on the bearing races and that's just not something I'm OK with letting slide.

This week, I found an old friend ... or, perhaps, my friend found me. Either way, it's been a good week and one that I'll never forget.

Tomorrow I'm going out to the golf place to work with Larry and some other folks as we try to gather experimental data on what effect spin on the golf ball has as far as carry and roll with various clubs (including all the way from wedge to driver). Hopefully this won't consume all the good part of the day as I'd like to catch some of the Iowa game and I need time to get a bicycle ride in. But it's an interesting question and there doesn't seem to be much data on it out on the internet (according to Larry).

But tonight, well, tonight is a time to sing. And I got my hair cut today! Think I might head over to Papa Juan's to get started a bit early and then I have to decide about whether to go out to Shellsburg as Mike is doing a show out there ... but it's almost an hour's worth of driving to get out there and back, so it's not that exciting to me (and the bar there is very smoky).

No comments: