Monday, June 23, 2008

More Perfect Weather ...

So far, today is the greatest one of the (very short) summer season. A bit over 80 degrees with a light breeze from the north and low humidity. Had a great ride to Center Point today and, interestingly enough, encountered a second blackbird that felt compelled to attack and actually hit my helmet two times. The other bird is on my shorter (14.2 mile) regular ride and his (her?) attack is as predictable as the rising sun. Well, nothing much I can do about it but give them "the bird" (hehe).

Today was the third ride on my newly installed chain as I passed 1200 miles for the year to date. So before RAGBRAI, the primary maintenance will probably just be a quick chain clean and lube ... and that will be at around 1500 miles.

Also today I stopped in at the theater and saw Kung-Fu Panda. It's an animated film and it was pretty interesting. Many famous voices were used including Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Lucy Liu and Jackie Chan.

Well ... I'll remember this day as being this nice, which is sometimes hard to do, especially since it's the day after George Carlin died of a heart attack. I still remember seeing his show in Fargo when I was in college (around 1973).

Later ...

No comments: