Thursday, August 2, 2007

Weight Control ... UP!

Well, surprisingly enough (to me), my weight has dropped 2 lbs. since completing RAGBRAI last Saturday. I'm eating good and no issue with the number of calories. So I'm wondering if a solid week of very heavy exercise like that actually revs up a person's basal metabolic rate. Maybe I'm really consuming calories at a much higher rate because my body has adapted to what it saw as a consistent and permanent change. I don't know, but my weight was 157 this morning and I'm definitely not trying to drop below 159. So I ate more this evening and I'll do the same for the next few days.

I also ordered a new driver from the golf shop. Should be ready by Tuesday and, if not, it's identical to one they have there and I've been told I can use that for league next Tuesday as a temporary alternate. It's a bit shorter than the one I've been using and it feels good. I just need something I can hit 240-260 yards very consistently with ... and then, I promise, I'll be happy and stop offending the golf gods regarding the quality of my driving .

I got a new bicycle cyclometer today that got wireless speed sensor and wireless cadence. It's a Mavic WinTech unit but the main computer was DOA so I had to figure that out and the screw around for awhile before contacting the merchant to see what to do. They're sending out a replacement unit but I had to go out to UPS and send this one in to them (meanwhile, they've charged me for the replacement and will credit it when they get the failed unit back). So that put my riding time way behind today but it also means that I won't have that all set up to use for the weekend. Well, I guess I'll just do my planned chain replacement (this chain has almost 2000 miles on it and it has stretched about 1%, so it's time) this weekend and we'll see how the weather is regarding a potential ride to Waterloo. Looks to me like that might have to be Sunday instead of Saturday ... if I go ahead with it. Otherwise, I'll reset for next weekend.

Guess I better chomp a few more calories and get myself some extra rest tonight. I plan on going dancing tomorrow night ... bet it's been three weeks since I've done that and it's high time! Always makes me smile, of course ...

No comments: