Monday, July 16, 2007

On To RAGBRAI XXXV

Well, I think it's gonna happen. I got word today that the registration from a gal in Florida that can't make it up for RAGBRAI is being sent to me and should arrive here by Thursday or so of this week. I also have all the information I need to transfer her registration to my name. Today I've been trying to figure out if I can eliminate the bike trailer I've been testing out and just use front/back panniers. It looks like I can do it if I strap the sleeping bag, tent and ground cover on the rack behind the seat. Thank goodness for bungee cords!

It's a much better deal if I can pull it off because the bike will ride better with the 4 bags and extra load on the rear rack than it will with the trailer in tow. The only thing I'm really missing right now is a good quality tire pump ... and I've got a Road Morph coming via UPS 2nd day air by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

I think I'll mail in the registration material as that will cover me if I end up not connecting up with the RAGBRAI registration folks on Saturday (not to mention that that place will be a zoo) ... it will definitely be an interesting week, with the ride starting on Sunday, July 22 and completing on Saturday, July 28. All I can say is that I'm very fortunate to be able to ride at all since I didn't register for this before the deadline. So thanks again to Kathie (from Florida) although I'm also sorry she didn't get to go on the ride ... at least she was able to put a smile on my face!

Oh, and if you want to check out the route, etc., just go to http://www.ragbrai.org/ and they'll have all the details. I'll get something in this blog when I get back and I also plan to update my website with some pictures ... but I will not bring along anything to let me do real time stuff. If I do this again next year that'll be something new to try, but no promises!

Time to get a good night's sleep ... zz-z-z-z-z-z

No comments: