Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th ... New Best Time

Good weather again today! About 80 degrees and light breeze from the north. The result was a new best time of 46:46 on my regular route. Average speed about 18.2 mph.

In other biking news, I hooked up my Bob Yak bicycle trailer today and it seems to work OK. I'm considering riding RAGBRAI ... if the logistics stuff gets set up right. I've gone from about 25% positive to maybe 70%. I've also arranged to get a weekly pass from a rider in Florida who unexpectedly can no longer make the trip up here to Iowa. So if I don't go I'll be out $100 (for the weekly pass) but the trailer is a good investment and will allow me to bring along some tools, a sleeping bag, tent, etc., along with extra stuff in my panniers, if needed. My primary concern is good nutrition during the ride as the physical part will be a challenge, but one that I'm very prepared for.

Anyway, if I do end up riding then I'll be sure to take pictures, although I don't intend to bring along equipment that will let me do uploads on a daily basis. I'll probably add a page to my website for any pictures I would get.

I've also become aware of a neat flavor treat (and it's also, as is my usual requirement, easy to make) called a banana smoothie. There's a powder package I picked up at Target and you simply add ice cubes, a large banana and 10 oz. of milk. Blend well ... and it makes a quart of very tasty and very "smooth" stuff. Looks like dancing and singing are on the agenda tonight ... with tomorrow perhaps being a night off ... as I don't think I've been getting enough sleep in the past few weeks and it would be good to catch up this week. Especially if I end up going on RAGBRAI starting next weekend.

Finally, I sent out my eldest son's birthday present today. I'm sure he'll find a surprise in the packaging as well as the contents and ... he'll probably smile about it all. That is, after all, the goal for every day ...

No comments: